Earlier this month, McLaren unveiled that McLaren Special Operations has created an enhancement package for the 620R. Called the R Pack, the package enhances the driving experience and adds unique design cues to the interior and exterior. While the R Pack is unfortunately only available in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, we thought we’d go through what the package entails anyways to show you just what the McLaren 620R is capable of with upgrades.
[ READ MORE: 2021 McLaren 620R Technical Specs & Features ]
What’s included in the MSO R Pack?
The MSO R Pack adds four different features to the 2021 McLaren 620R, each of which adds to both the overall aesthetic of the vehicle, and some of which further enhance performance.
- Gloss Finish Visual Carbon Fibre Roof Scoop
- Inspired by the McLaren F1 Longtail
- Fully functional air intake system
- Available Roof Scoop camera, connected to McLaren Track Telemetry
- Titanium SuperSports Exhaust, featuring Gloss Nano Black Finishers
- Up to 5 decibels louder than existing McLaren exhaust options
- Gloss Finish Visual Carbon Fibre Front Fender Louvres
- Carbon Fibre Interior Pack
While we’re here, we thought we’d just quickly remind you about the powertrain of the 2021 McLaren 620R. Powering the road-legal race car is a 3.8L twin-turbo V8 engine, the same used in the McLaren 570S GT4, an actual race car. It’s capable of generating 610 horsepower and 457 pound-feet of torque, which enables it to accelerate from 0-62 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds, or to 124 mph in 8.1 s.
The 2021 McLaren 620R is another example of how incredible limited-edition vehicles from McLaren can be, and the R Pack adds even more exclusivity on top of it for customers in the given areas. We cannot wait to see what McLaren releases next!