We all know that our vehicles need regular maintenance to ensure that we get to enjoy the best experience. While we may not drive our exotic vehicles as often, they still need love and care. The most important services include oil changes, battery replacement, brake repair, tire rotation and tire balancing. Today, we will be focusing on the last two and the signs for when you need to get them done.
When you do need to get your McLaren tires rotated and balanced, come visit us at McLaren Chicago. Read on to learn more about these services.
You might also like: Where can I get my exotic or luxury vehicle detailed?
Signs your tires need to be rotated
- Uneven wear. When you look at tires and see that the front tires and showing more wear than the rear tires, this is a sign that it’s time to rotate. Most vehicles have the bulk of their weight on the front end, so this is why the front tires wear out faster.
- Vehicle vibration. If you’ve been noticed that your vehicle vibrates even on smooth roads, this could be a sign that one side of a tire is getting worn down more than the other.
- Air pressure loss. If you notice that one tire seems to be losing pressure faster than the others, this could be due to uneven wear. Make sure to check all of the tires for uneven wear and punctures.
Signs your tires need to be balanced
- Vibration. Just like when your tires need to be rotated, you’ll start to feel vibrations. However, you can tell the tires need to be balanced when the vibration is felt in the steering wheel, floorboard or seat.
- Uneven tire wear. If the weight of the wheel gets spread unevenly, this can lead to uneven wear, which then leaves to needing to get your tires balanced.
- Poor fuel economy. Unbalanced tires can lead to uneven wear which means the engine will have to work harder to generate more power to keep them spinning at a constant speed.
Schedule Service Appointment at McLaren Chicago Today
If it’s time for your tires to be rotated or balanced, be sure to schedule a service appointment at McLaren Chicago today! You can give us a call or use our convenient online scheduling form!